Other Nioga Supported Web Sites
- AbleLibrarian.org - "ABLE: Administering Better Libraries - Educate" is a project designed to develop training materials and resources for newly appointed public library directors on the administration and management of public libraries.
- BTOPexpress.org - Better Technology, Onsite & Personal. NIOGA Library System is one of five E-mobile computing training units with high speed broadband services being deployed in rural locations and underserved communities in New York State.
The E-mobile and public access computer centers will provide 24/7 online access to job search resources as well as federal, state, and local E-government resources.
- HelpU2Know.org - links to
regional sources originating in Niagara, Orleans, Genesee, Erie, and
Chautauqua Counties as well as important sites from other regions of
New York State.
- NioKids.org -
NioKids is an innovative website that was created specifically for young children. It provides links to various electronic access points, especially chosen to meet the information needs of young children. This website is supported by Federal Library Services and Technology Act funds, awarded to the New York State Library by the Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- B&ECPL - Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Home Page & Online Catalog
- EXCELSIOR - New York State Online
- ALA Children's Internet Protection
Act (CIPA) Legal FAQ
The Acts place restrictions on the use of funding that is available
through the Library Services and Technology Act, Title III of the Elementary
and Secondary Education Act, and on the Universal Service discount program
known as the E-rate. These restrictions take the form of requirements
for Internet safety policies and technology which blocks or filters
certain material from being accessed through the Internet.
- Nioga Library System Service Area Maps - NYSL Library Development. Red areas on these maps show areas/populations unserved by a chartered library. Individual county maps are "clickable" with links to library web sites.
New York State Information
Official County Websites
Federal Information Sources